Learn more about how mediations work and the steps it takes to get ready, what to expect during and what that means afterwords.
Please contact us with questions and to initiate scheduling.
This is starting point of working together. You may have a court order to mediate or perhaps you have chosen mediation as the next step in attempt to achieve resolution. This is the time we would have an initial consultation regarding the case and schedule next steps and the mediation session.
Before Mediation Session
Before the scheduled mediation, there are several things that will need to happen to lay the groundwork for the session:
- Both parties will need to review the Rules of Mediation, Confidentiality Policy and Payment/Cancellation Policy for review and understanding. (These will be sent to all parties)
- Both parties need to download/complete a Mediation Client Intake form and an Agreement to Mediate and return to Third Coast Mediation via email, post or fax at 855-445-2889.
- Both parties will provide confirmation of all who will be in attendance at the mediation.
- Within 2 Days of the scheduled mediation, final confirmation and attendance verified. Also, Agreement to Mediate and Mediation Client Intake form must be returned to Third Coast Mediation (if they hadn’t as of yet). Please review Payment/Cancellation Policy as well at this time.
- On the Day of the scheduled mediation, bring any necessary documents, discovery or other items you may find relevant to finding solutions in the mediation.
Third Coast Mediation provides a professional setting and provides amenities such as:
- Convenient location in Dallas/Addison area (on Dallas Parkway between Spring Valley and Quorum)
- Safe, confidential setting and private conference rooms
- Free Wireless Internet access
- Free parking
- Complimentary coffee, drinks and snacks (Lunch provided on full day sessions)
During the actual mediation, the session will begin with opening statements in a joint session, then moving into private caucus in separate conference rooms and settlement phases. Laura will be working with each of the parties through this process with these primary goals: to understand the positions and facilitate options. Finding as many viable solutions as possible increases the likelihood of finding a realistic solution.
The mediation process exists to empower individuals to find realistic solutions. Laura will be working with each of the parties through this process with these primary goals: to understand the positions and facilitate options which can turn into offers. These lead to the ultimate goal of resolution and reaching a Settlement Agreement. In this case, the attorney(s) would draft the MSA and Laura would report (in court ordered mediation or filed cases) that agreement was reached and case was settled.
After the Mediation Session
The options generated and negotiated during the mediation process is to work to the ultimate goal of resolution and reaching a Settlement Agreement. In this case, the attorney(s) would draft the MSA and Laura would report to the court (in court ordered mediation or filed cases) that agreement was reached and case was settled.
Even with an agreement being the goal, there are times it may not be achieved. In this instance, Laura may have had to call an Impasse to the session. During this instance, all parties may be reunited in joint session to review the day and determine next course of action.
In the instance of no settlement, all parties may have been reunited in joint session to review the day and determine next course of action. If it is determined that an additional session after a “cooling off” period to re-assess may achieve resolution, Laura is committed to facilitating resolutions and will host 1 (one) additional session of 1/2 the length to the first for a single administrative fee of $169. * (i.e. If the initial session was a half day, the second session would be for 2 hours at a single administrative fee of $169, split evenly between the parties.)
* This is available for only one additional session after the initial hosted session. The same stipulations apply regarding scheduling, payment, cancellation, etc. Please ask any questions regarding this.